Busy people running around, making last minute purchases for the impending holiday, students itching to start their vacation, trying to pack for the journey home, Christmas is upon us. Last night, I hardly slept, twisting and turning with anticipation of being home for the holidays.
With the blink of an eye, so passes more than four months abroad. When I think back on it, so much has happened in so little time. Research, work, travel, exploration, friendships - life has been so exciting, so rewarding lately, that I can't help but feel grateful for how wonderful life truly is.
As I left school today, teaching for the last time this year, I felt such great joy and accomplishment, having survived and blossomed in my new position. I enjoy my work, where I work, and with whom I work. Walking out of the building, with gift bottles of wine and Champagne under my arms, out under the magnificently blue sky, I felt pretty darn satisfied with how my life's made its path. I spent the afternoon in my favorite café and tonight I get to have one last dinner this term with my wonderful friends. Life is good, life is good, life is good. Despite whatever hardships you might be thrown, you'll always be drawn down a path in the end more beautiful than you could have ever imagined.
Six more months await, with lots of adventures to be had, with lessons to be learned, with friendships to be strengthened, but for now, it's time to step away and be at home. From the bottom of my heart, I wish all a Blessed Christmas and warm wishes for health and luck in the New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment